St Wilfrid’s Mini Vinnies – ‘Turning concern into action’
Mini Vinnies prayer
Lord, open our eyes that we may see the deepest needs of your people.
Move our hands that we may feed the hungry.
Touch our hearts that they may bring warmth to those who are sad.
Let us share our time and possessions with those in need.
Give us the care that strengthens the sick.
May we all be a source of support and encouragement for each other as we strive to build a more loving society.
Saint Wilfrid’s Mini Vinnies are quite literally mini St. Vincent de Paul’s. The after school club is run by Mrs Robertson and Mrs O’Hara. The children come together to form a part of the St. Vincent de Paul Society in England and Wales, a voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty in all its forms. Mini Vinnies meet to pray, discuss and support people to help make a difference in our local community.
Mini Vinnies truly turn concern into action as they use the simple guidelines of ‘SEE, THINK, DO’ to find people in need and help them.
St Wilfrid’s Mini Vinnies turn concern into action by:
- Regularly visiting a care home
- Helping at parish events for the elderly
- Making cards for the housebound
- Raising funds for charities
- Making summer packs for homeless people
- Creating prayer focus areas in school
- Design and make prayer cards for the children making their First Holy Communion and housebound people in the parish
Here is a link to the Mini-Vinnies website: http://www.minivinnies.org.uk/