Year 4 2022 - 2023
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Hello and welcome to Year 4
Class teachers: Mrs Cannavan (Monday and Tuesday)
Mrs Hames (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
Higher Level Teaching Assistant: Mrs Owen
Hello Year 4! We hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday with your families.
We have got a really busy and exciting term planned. There are so many new things to learn and fun things that we will be doing. We will have to work really hard together but we know that you will be ready for the challenge!
Parents and families, thank you in advance for all your support.
Please keep checking this page regularly as we will be updating it with useful information such as PE days, spellings and other homework, learning and activities.
What is needed for Year 4?
- Reusable waterbottle to be washed and refilled daily please.
- School diary and homework books (as soon as homework is completed).
- School reading book or a suitable reading for joy/library book.
- A small school bag (a backpack is ideal) for these items.
- Lunchbags for those on a packed lunch.
- School stationery will be provided but your child may bring a small, flat pencil case containing a pencil, small ruler, rubber etc. No sharpeners please. We will give out items during our first week back.
Please make sure your child has these items in school daily.
PE: This half term, PE will be on Thursdays and Fridays. Children should come to school dressed in their PE kit on both days.
Please have your English homework completed by Friday 9th June
English: SPaG pages 64, 65, 66 and 67
Please continue to practise your spellings.
Maths: Pages 42, 44 and 45 to be completed by Tuesday 6th June
Please continue to practise your times tables using Times Table Rockstars.
What will we be learning?
We will put our full year curriculum map/plan on the curriculum page so you can have a sneak peek at the year ahead.
How you can help.
In June 2023, Year 4 children will be completing an online assessment of times tables knowledge up to 12 x 12. The purpose of this is to check your child's knowledge is at the required standard and that they can recall this knowledge quickly. There will be 25 questions to complete on-line and they will need to type in their answers onto the computer. This online test is called the Multiplication Tables Check (MTC) and is completed by all Year 4 children across England.
We will prepare for this in school but your support at home is very important too. To prepare for this, we will send information home and will invite all children to practise at least 3x a week using:
Times tables rockstars Times Tables Rock Stars (ttrockstars.com) - logins to follow.
Multiplication Tables Check - Mathsframe
2. Please make sure your child comes into school in their PE kit on the days when we have PE and make sure it is a school PE kit.
3. Complete all homework and bring in homework books on (or before) the date the homework is due.
4. Please bring in reading books and school diaries each day. We will help with reading book selection or make recommendations for those making free choices. Please read at home and check your child's understanding of what they have been reading by talking to them about the book, checking their understanding of words and what they have read.
We would be very grateful if you would check your child's diary regularly for homework and other information. We may also use our parent messaging system to send you important school information so please make sure your email and phone details are up-to-date with the office.
Thank you so much for all your support which is very much appreciated.
Mrs Cannavan, Mrs Hames and Mrs Owen.
Files to Download
Year 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display