Year 2 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 2
Happy New Year!
Welcome to Year 2's class page.
We are looking forward to updating our gallery to show you what we have been up to and the work that we are proud of.
Things to remember....
- Reading books are change weekly with an adult.
- Children may also bring home a 'Reading for Joy' book from our library. This book is a book for you to read and enjoy with your child. These books can be changed by your child anytime during the week.
- Spelling rules are sent out each Friday to practice at home. Children do not have weekly spelling tests, rather we look to see if children can apply the learnt spelling rules in their writing. Children will also bring home a page of Maths or English homework to complete. This should be returned to school by the following Wednesday, or earlier if completed.
- During the year Children also need to learn to spell the words from the Year 2 Common Exception Word list, which is in the files sections. You might like to learn a few of these each week to compliment the learning in class.
- Please remember to read with your child daily and record this in your child's Reading Diary.
- This half term PE will be on a Tuesday and Friday. Children are to come into school in their P.E kits and trainers on these days.
- Bring a water bottle to school every day to keep hydrated.
- You may bring a healthy snack or snack money in a named purse/wallet for breaktime.
Thank you for your continued support
If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to phone or visit the office and if needed one of the teachers will contact you at a convenient time.
Mrs Bold & Mrs Brown
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display