Welcome to St Wilfrids Catholic Primary School
Please find below information we think will be useful for when your child starts school.
The school year begins on Tuesday 5th September. The children will come into school as follows:
Tuesday 5th - Morning Only
Wednesday 6th - Morning Only
Thursday 7th - Morning Only
Friday 8th - Morning and Lunch (8.40 am - 1.00 pm)
Monday 11th - Morning and lunch
Tuesday 12th Morning and lunch
Wednesday 13th - Full Day
Thursday 14th - Full Day
Friday 11th - Full day
The gates open at 8.15 am and children are supervised on the playground from this time.
The whistle goes at 8.25am and the children are welcomed into school.
The morning session ends at 12.00pm.
The morning and lunch session ends at 1.00pm.
A full day is from 8.40am to 3.00m.
Ready for school checklist
In order to promote your childs independence when he/she starts school please could you encourage/help your child with the following important skills.
Can your child:
- Respond to an adult or ask for help?
- Put their coat on and off, managing the zip/buttons?
- Get changed into shorts and t-shirt for PE quickly?
- Fold their clothes into a neat pile?
- Go to the toilet and wash their hands independently?
- Get a tissue and blow their nose unprompted?
- Carry a plate and eat with a knife and a fork?
- Unwrap food packaging including peeling fruit?
- Tidy up toys and put things away unprompted?
- Wait for their turn when an adult is busy with others?
- Comply with reasonable adult requests promptly
Further useful information 'What to excpect, when?' can be found on the Department for Education website - http://www.4Children.org.uk